Oceania Cruises, the world’s leading culinary-and-destination-focused cruise line, unveiled its 2023 Around The World in 180 Days voyage, which opens for bookings on 28 January.
Departing San Francisco on 15 January 2023, world travelers sailing on this voyage aboard the 684-guest Insignia will experience 96 fascinating destinations in 33 countries across four continents. Guests will have a myriad of in-depth and immersive experiences, with multi-day stays in 20 ports of call from South America to Africa to Asia and Alaska. This includes the unprecedented opportunity to witness the splendor of Antarctica first-hand with three full days cruising in Admiralty Bay, Paradise Bay, and Half Moon Island.
“We now know how irreplaceable these experiences are and cherish the privilege of travel more than ever,” stated Bob Binder, President and Chief Executive Officer of Oceania Cruises.
“Travel connects us through shared experiences, creates lifelong bonds, and enriches us in ways we never would have imagined. That was the mindset that guided us in crafting this epic around the world voyage for our guests.”
The itinerary provides access to more than 60 UNESCO World Heritage sites and guests sailing the full world voyage will have the opportunity to take part in five included shoreside events.
- An Argentinian Cultural Exposition in Buenos Aires including an equestrian show, tango lesson and fine food and wine, capped off by a grand display of music and dance.
- An afternoon at the renowned Boschendal Winery in Cape Town with an elaborate farmer’s market featuring exquisite cuisine, Boschendal’s acclaimed wines and live music.
- An evening at Al Maha Desert Dune in the Arabian Desert outside of Dubai where guests take part in the ultimate Bedouin experience, featuring tribal music and dance, a private falcon show, and an exquisite dinner under the stars catered by the famed Al Maha Luxury Resort and Spa.
- A Burmese Monk Donation Ceremony in Yangon, Myanmar. During this once-in-a-lifetime experience, guests have the privilege of witnessing one of the most sacred rituals of Buddhism – the Donation Ceremony. At the ceremony, travelers will make a special contribution in support of over 200 robed monks present along with more than 100 villagers. Afterwards, guests will enjoy an elaborate spread of canapes and refreshments accompanied by traditional music and dance.
- A candlelit evening at Vung Duc Cave in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Ha Long Bay, outside of Hanoi. The evening begins with a captivating welcome Dragon Dance, followed by an ethereal candlelit dinner show featuring local entertainers and music. Guests will be treated to an elaborate feast of local delicacies accompanied by specially selected wine pairings.
Around The World Voyage Highlights
- Continents visited: 4
- Countries visited: 33
- Time zones crossed: 24
- Islands visited: 27
- Ports visited: 96
- UNESCO World Heritage sites accessible: 61
- Overnight stays (including two-night stays): 20
- Oceans cruised: 3
- Seas cruised: 14
- Number of times equator crossed: 4
- International date line crossed: 1
- Largest population: Tokyo, Japan
- Smallest population: Puerto Chacabuco, Chile
All guests on the Around the World in 180 Days voyage will receive their choice of 64 FREE shore excursions, or a FREE beverage package, or a FREE US$6,400 shipboard credit.
In addition to the extraordinary value of the inclusions listed above, all guests will receive Oceania Cruises’ Exclusive Prestige Package which includes:
- Free pre-paid gratuities – a value of up to US$8,200
- Free onboard medical care
- Free unlimited internet
- Free laundry services
- Free exclusive shoreside events
- Free 1-night pre-cruise luxury hotel stay in the port of embarkation
- Free transfer between hotel and ship
- Free US$1,000 shipboard credit per Stateroom
Savor the Experience and Sail Longer
For guests who wish to extend their travels, Oceania Cruises offers travellers the ability to extend their Around The World experience, up to a total of 218 days.
January 15, 2023 – 180 Days – San Francisco to San Francisco
January 15, 2023 – 200 Days – San Francisco to New York
December 28, 2022 – 198 Days – Miami to San Francisco
December 28, 2022 – 214 Days – Miami to Miami
December 28, 2022 – 218 Days – Miami to New York